Surprisingly, the beautiful celebrities we see on the cover of magazines and on television commercials may not have always looked the way they do now.
Celebrities have the pressure of looking “perfect” pretty much 24/7. A lot of times hollywood’s finest need a little help. Many times a subtle yet impactful cosmetic procedure like getting Veneers is the perfect solution and can do the trick without being so obvious.
Veneers are an excellent way to redesign and reshape your entire mouth no matter what age you are. Veneers are a very thin, durable, tooth shaped porcelain facings that are custom made to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored — either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
- In some cases veneers are sometimes used as an alternative from having to wear braces.
But veneers are not just a cosmetic fix, they also can be key to maintaining a healthy mouth.
Crooked teeth, in addition to being unattractive, also can increase the chances of cavities and gum disease by creating pockets in the mouth where food can get trapped. Also, a misaligned bite can be responsible for everything from painful TMJ to eventual tooth and bone loss.
Getting a dental veneer(s) may require more than one visit. Dr. Glasscock will examine your teeth to make sure dental veneers are appropriate for you, and he will discuss what the treatment will involve. Some patients will be able to have the veneers made the same day with the Cerec technology.
Interested in Veneers? Contact Glasscock Dental for more information.
8430 Univ. Exec. Park Drive Suite 610
Charlotte, NC 28262