History of Clear Braces
Invisible braces (or clear braces) were first invented in 1987. This invention was the first of its kind and a revolutionary product to traditional metal braces. As this was the first version, the original invisible braces were expensive, cumbersome and much less precise to the products we have today.
As with any new great idea, competitors began to emerge to try and improve upon the original concept. In 1997, two MBA students at Stanford University, Zia Chisti and Kelsey Wirth , with the help of high tech computer imaging, perfected the procedure needed to make invisible braces effective. This was the birth of Invisalign. In late 2006, out of necessity and high cost of clear brace aligners, owner and founder Dr. Willis Pumphrey, a 25 year veteran of dentistry, opened up Clear Correct. Clear Correct, unlike it competitors, manufactures their clear brace aligners here in the states.
Why we Choose Clear Correct
The office of Glasscock Dental offers the Clear Correct system. After careful consideration and evaluation, we find Clear Correct and its competitor Invisalign to be very similar in their end result for our patients. They are both very good teeth straightening systems. Both products are made of a clear plastic that is comfortable to wear. The aligners are computer generated with both programs for the patients dental plan. Where we find differences and favor Clear Correct as our choice to offer our patients is in cost. Overall, the Clear Correct system tends to be a more affordable option for our patients. Also, the Clear Correct aligners are made here in the USA.
Adults and Braces
It’s a big step deciding the get braces as an adult. Researching the products available to get your desired result at the best cost is essential to the process. I know what your thinking, “Braces are for Teenagers” and you don’t want to be walking around with a mouth full of metal at your age. I’m here to tell you, if you are a candidate, it can be done another way. Getting clear braces could be the right choice for you.
Why Consider Braces?
There are many reasons to consider braces (even as an adult). The most important thing is healthy teeth and proper jaw alignment. How does your teeth being strait contribute to this?
1. When teeth are crooked or crowded, it makes them harder to clean. Without proper cleaning of neglected, hard reached area’s, tooth decay can result. This could lead to gum disease and eventual tooth loss.
2. Misaligned teeth can contribute to abnormal wear of teeth surfaces. This can cause you to wear down your enamel, chip or break a tooth. This problem can also lead to misalignment of the jaw joints. That misalignment can lead to chronic headaches, neck pain or face pain.
3. Crooked teeth can cause injury more easily to your mouth, tongue and lips.
4. An attractive smile is more engaging . You will feel more confident and smile more. 47% of people notice a person’s smile first when they first meet someone.
The office of Glasscock Dental offers the Clear Correct system. We feel this system is the most cost effective, comfortable and provides are patients with that beautiful, straight smile they are looking for. Please contact our office to find out more about our free consultation to see if you are a candidate for Clear Correct clear braces.
Most people think straightening their teeth is strictly for appearance purposes. Very few people know of the health benefits associated with a straight healthy smile. The office of Dr. David M. Glasscock Family and Cosmetic Dentistry would like to give you some reasons to think about why you should consider straightening your teeth.
HEALTHIER TEETH AND GUMS
Crowded teeth or having teeth too widely spaced can cause swollen, red gums. When your teeth are properly aligned, it helps your gums fit more securely around your teeth. Properly aligned teeth are easier to clean well. When teeth are moved forward or back, it is easier to miss areas when trying to maintain your daily oral care. Missed areas on tooth surfaces can lead to bacteria and plaque build up which will ultimately lead to tooth decay and cavities.
Teeth that are protruding are more likely to be broken in some sort of accident. Teeth that protrude are also more likely to cause injury to a lip or the inside of your mouth do to an accidental bumping.
Problems with Teeth
Teeth that are not aligned properly show signs of abnormal wear more frequently. It also can cause problems with chewing, excessive stress on gum tissue and your bones that support your teeth. Misalignment of your jaw joint can lead to frequent headaches , jaw pain, and neck pain.
They say that your mouth is the window to your bodies health. Properly aligned teeth and jaw may alleviate physical health issues.
The office of Dr. David M. Glasscock offers Clear Correct as an alternative to metal braces. If you are looking to make a healthier better you, give us a call to set up an appointment to see what Clear Correct can do for you.
8430 Univ. Exec. Park Drive Suite 610
Charlotte, NC 28262
Posted in Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Health
Tagged benefits of straight teeth, Charlotte, clear braces, clear correct, Crowded teeth, Dr. David M Glasscock, dr. david m., Dr. David M. Glasscock Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Glasscock Dental, health benefits, NC, Straight teeth
Let’s face it. We all want to look our best and braces have come a long way from the 80’s headgear that traumatized many American teens. It is a proven fact that people with crooked, deformed or damaged teeth smile much less than someone with perfect pearly whites.
Revolutionary new clear braces, like Clear Correct, are a new and improved way to give you that perfect smile without the trauma of the past. What most people are unaware of is the overall benefits that braces provide beyond your obvious physical appearance.
Benefits of Braces
- Better Brushing- properly aligned teeth are easier to brush and floss
- Clear Speech- Teeth in the wrong position can make it difficult to pronounce certain sounds.
- Easier Time Eating-properly aligned teeth have a better bite pattern and make it easier to chew and bite down of foods. Also, straight teeth won’t wear as quickly.
- Less Accident Prone Teeth- If your teeth are crooked, and sit outside your bite pattern, the likelihood of you damaging a tooth or cutting your mouth or lips increases.
- Fewer Headaches- Crowded teeth wear unevenly. Uneven wear of your teeth puts pressure on your jaw and can cause you to have many headaches.
- Improved Gum Health- Straight teeth are more effectively brushed and flossed. Well maintained dental care will help you to maintain healthy gums.
- Better Overall Health- Your oral care directly impacts your physical health. Straight teeth makes proper oral hygiene most effective.
- Cost Effective Dental Care- You have fewer major dental issues with straight teeth. The smaller the issue, the less the cost.
- Lower Risk of Soft Tissue Injury- crooked teeth can damage the inside of your mouth or lips. This could lead to infection.
- Self Esteem- A person with an award winning smile is proven to smile more often then someone that does not. Happy smiling people are more inviting.
If you want more information on Clear Correct clear braces, please feel free to give the office of Dr. David M. Glasscock a call. We care about your oral health and want to see you smile.
Whether you’re an adult or a teen, we all want to look our best at all times. Changing the way your teeth look takes time. ClearCorrect is the clear and simple choice.
No wires, No brackets just translucent trays that fit right over your teeth.
With ClearCorrect, your dentist or orthodontist can straighten your teeth using a series of clear, custom, removable aligners. ClearCorrect is an easy and discreet solution to align and straighten a broad range of conditions for a stunning, healthy smile.
ClearCorrect is a solution that will work without intruding into the different parts of your life. Wear your aligner at school, at work, around town, all day long. Once you and your doctor decide to begin treatment with the ClearCorrect system, you’ll receive your aligners in sets. You’ll need periodic follow-up appointments so your doctor can check your progress and give you your next set of aligners.
ClearCorrect treatment is likely to help you with these specific needs:
• Improve the way you bite with your back teeth.
• Improve the alignment of your front teeth.
• Improve the appearance of your smile.
• Improve the overall health of your teeth and mouth.
• Improve the ease of caring for your teeth.
Visit www.clearcorrect.com and see what they are saying about the easy way to correct your smile in no time.
Clear Correct is one of Glasscock Dental’s Specialties. Contact us Today for more information:
8430 Univ. Exec. Park Drive Suite 610
Charlotte, NC 28262