Adults and Braces
It’s a big step deciding the get braces as an adult. Researching the products available to get your desired result at the best cost is essential to the process. I know what your thinking, “Braces are for Teenagers” and you don’t want to be walking around with a mouth full of metal at your age. I’m here to tell you, if you are a candidate, it can be done another way. Getting clear braces could be the right choice for you.
Why Consider Braces?
There are many reasons to consider braces (even as an adult). The most important thing is healthy teeth and proper jaw alignment. How does your teeth being strait contribute to this?
1. When teeth are crooked or crowded, it makes them harder to clean. Without proper cleaning of neglected, hard reached area’s, tooth decay can result. This could lead to gum disease and eventual tooth loss.
2. Misaligned teeth can contribute to abnormal wear of teeth surfaces. This can cause you to wear down your enamel, chip or break a tooth. This problem can also lead to misalignment of the jaw joints. That misalignment can lead to chronic headaches, neck pain or face pain.
3. Crooked teeth can cause injury more easily to your mouth, tongue and lips.
4. An attractive smile is more engaging . You will feel more confident and smile more. 47% of people notice a person’s smile first when they first meet someone.
The office of Glasscock Dental offers the Clear Correct system. We feel this system is the most cost effective, comfortable and provides are patients with that beautiful, straight smile they are looking for. Please contact our office to find out more about our free consultation to see if you are a candidate for Clear Correct clear braces.
Let’s face it. We all want to look our best and braces have come a long way from the 80’s headgear that traumatized many American teens. It is a proven fact that people with crooked, deformed or damaged teeth smile much less than someone with perfect pearly whites.
Revolutionary new clear braces, like Clear Correct, are a new and improved way to give you that perfect smile without the trauma of the past. What most people are unaware of is the overall benefits that braces provide beyond your obvious physical appearance.
Benefits of Braces
- Better Brushing- properly aligned teeth are easier to brush and floss
- Clear Speech- Teeth in the wrong position can make it difficult to pronounce certain sounds.
- Easier Time Eating-properly aligned teeth have a better bite pattern and make it easier to chew and bite down of foods. Also, straight teeth won’t wear as quickly.
- Less Accident Prone Teeth- If your teeth are crooked, and sit outside your bite pattern, the likelihood of you damaging a tooth or cutting your mouth or lips increases.
- Fewer Headaches- Crowded teeth wear unevenly. Uneven wear of your teeth puts pressure on your jaw and can cause you to have many headaches.
- Improved Gum Health- Straight teeth are more effectively brushed and flossed. Well maintained dental care will help you to maintain healthy gums.
- Better Overall Health- Your oral care directly impacts your physical health. Straight teeth makes proper oral hygiene most effective.
- Cost Effective Dental Care- You have fewer major dental issues with straight teeth. The smaller the issue, the less the cost.
- Lower Risk of Soft Tissue Injury- crooked teeth can damage the inside of your mouth or lips. This could lead to infection.
- Self Esteem- A person with an award winning smile is proven to smile more often then someone that does not. Happy smiling people are more inviting.
If you want more information on Clear Correct clear braces, please feel free to give the office of Dr. David M. Glasscock a call. We care about your oral health and want to see you smile.
Surprisingly, the beautiful celebrities we see on the cover of magazines and on television commercials may not have always looked the way they do now.
Celebrities have the pressure of looking “perfect” pretty much 24/7. A lot of times hollywood’s finest need a little help. Many times a subtle yet impactful cosmetic procedure like getting Veneers is the perfect solution and can do the trick without being so obvious.
Veneers are an excellent way to redesign and reshape your entire mouth no matter what age you are. Veneers are a very thin, durable, tooth shaped porcelain facings that are custom made to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored — either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
- In some cases veneers are sometimes used as an alternative from having to wear braces.
But veneers are not just a cosmetic fix, they also can be key to maintaining a healthy mouth.
Crooked teeth, in addition to being unattractive, also can increase the chances of cavities and gum disease by creating pockets in the mouth where food can get trapped. Also, a misaligned bite can be responsible for everything from painful TMJ to eventual tooth and bone loss.
Getting a dental veneer(s) may require more than one visit. Dr. Glasscock will examine your teeth to make sure dental veneers are appropriate for you, and he will discuss what the treatment will involve. Some patients will be able to have the veneers made the same day with the Cerec technology.
Interested in Veneers? Contact Glasscock Dental for more information.
8430 Univ. Exec. Park Drive Suite 610
Charlotte, NC 28262
Posted in Cosmetic Dentistry
Tagged braces, celebrities, cerec technology, Charlotte, cosmetic dentistry, Glasscock Dental, hillary duff, katherine zeta jones, miley cyrus, NC 28262, same day, veneers