We have come a long way from seeking consult with the local barber shop for our dentistry needs. Living in this century gives us the advantages that science has afforded us. We are now given the knowledge and tools to keep our gums and teeth healthy. Even with extreme dental problems, your dentist has the ability and tools to correct the issue and give you the smile you always wanted.
Teeth Whitening, although considered cosmetic, might provide additional attributes then what was previously thought. A report released from the journal of the American Dental Association in August 2010, noted that applying the tooth whitener carbamide peroxide through a custom-fit mouth tray might combat plaque, cavities and gum disease. These studies were based on patients that were mentally challenged and the elderly who have issues with dexterity. Do to this groups limitations, it adds difficulty for them to properly brush and floss to maintain good dental health. “What we’ve noticed through whitening patients’ teeth over the years is that as they bleached, their teeth got squeaky clean and their gingival health improved,” said Dr. Van Haywood, professor in the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry. Dr. Haywood believes the trick is in the custom fitted tray for each individual patient. Unfortunately, further research will be needed to apply this procedure as a technique to improve ones oral health.
Teeth Whitening has other advantages as well. As they say, it’s all in the presentation.
- Improves your overall appearance
- Makes you look younger
- People will consider you healthier
8430 Univ. Exec. Park Drive Suite 610
Charlotte, NC 28262
Let’s face it. We all want to look our best and braces have come a long way from the 80’s headgear that traumatized many American teens. It is a proven fact that people with crooked, deformed or damaged teeth smile much less than someone with perfect pearly whites.
Revolutionary new clear braces, like Clear Correct, are a new and improved way to give you that perfect smile without the trauma of the past. What most people are unaware of is the overall benefits that braces provide beyond your obvious physical appearance.
Benefits of Braces
- Better Brushing- properly aligned teeth are easier to brush and floss
- Clear Speech- Teeth in the wrong position can make it difficult to pronounce certain sounds.
- Easier Time Eating-properly aligned teeth have a better bite pattern and make it easier to chew and bite down of foods. Also, straight teeth won’t wear as quickly.
- Less Accident Prone Teeth- If your teeth are crooked, and sit outside your bite pattern, the likelihood of you damaging a tooth or cutting your mouth or lips increases.
- Fewer Headaches- Crowded teeth wear unevenly. Uneven wear of your teeth puts pressure on your jaw and can cause you to have many headaches.
- Improved Gum Health- Straight teeth are more effectively brushed and flossed. Well maintained dental care will help you to maintain healthy gums.
- Better Overall Health- Your oral care directly impacts your physical health. Straight teeth makes proper oral hygiene most effective.
- Cost Effective Dental Care- You have fewer major dental issues with straight teeth. The smaller the issue, the less the cost.
- Lower Risk of Soft Tissue Injury- crooked teeth can damage the inside of your mouth or lips. This could lead to infection.
- Self Esteem- A person with an award winning smile is proven to smile more often then someone that does not. Happy smiling people are more inviting.
If you want more information on Clear Correct clear braces, please feel free to give the office of Dr. David M. Glasscock a call. We care about your oral health and want to see you smile.