We have all heard the old idiom “It’s like pulling teeth”. Interesting choice of words as the meaning is meant to portray something difficult that someone does not want to do. The meaning, usually unrelated to tooth extraction, still coincides with how people still feel today about having a tooth pulled.
Dentistry has come a long way from 7000 BC where bow drills were used for wood working and treating tooth problems or in the Middle Ages when your barber would perform a tooth extraction . Ouch!!
Currently, dentistry in 2013 provides the patient with a “Stress Free” and painless experience. We at, Glasscock Dental, understand dental fear and will do everything we can to alleviate any stress, anxiety and pain associated with your extraction.
Extractions are done for a variety of reasons.
- Very large cavity or caries that cannot be restored.
- Periodontal diseases.
- Fractured or broken teeth.
- Teeth that are traumatized.
- Teeth that fail to erupt or are unable to erupt.
- Abscessed teeth that have infection that has spread.
- Teeth that are abnormal in development.
- Teeth that are involved in cysts or tumors.
- Ectopic teeth that have erupted in a wrong place.
- The orthodontist requesting removal of the teeth.
If you need an extraction, Dr. David M Glasscock will first numb the area to lessen any discomfort. After the extraction, Dr. David M. Glasscock will discuss with you what post extraction regimen he would like you to follow. In most cases a small amount of bleeding is normal.
Call the office of David M Glasscock DDS for all your dental needs. Located in beautiful Charlotte, NC.
8430 Univ. Exec. Park Drive Suite 610
Charlotte, NC 28262